Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sherlock Holmes and Serendipity Cake

Upon waking this morning, I randomly discovered that my friend Jacques de Beaufort had placed on his blog - Jung's chart - right below a random beer advertisement.
To this innocuous action Steven LaRose commented, "ah, to be Jung and full of beer"... at which point it struck me that Jacques and Steven were exchanging secretly encrypted communications. And so, I immediately set about to unearth their duplicitous scheme.

Realizing that no beer add is truly random, I unlocked the secret code through a complex system of laying one over the other. Don't try this at home. The next step was to discern what this incredible image was telling me. After hours of laborious contemplation, the sweat of my brow trickled down into my salted and bleary eyes, and I suddenly realized that I still had that decoder ring I found in a cracker jack box when I was six. How serendipitous!
Thus, I finally discovered the three truths that were so obviously intended for me to discern, which I will kindly share with you gentle reader as you do not have the unequivocal aid of my decoder ring.

My higher unconscious is embracing the universal higher spiritual being - who is both male and female (I had a sneaking suspicion!).

My collective unconscious is flirting with my lower inner being,

and my higher self seems to be some indiscernible kind of cake.

3 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

I think that that cake is actually a bowl of a sour cream dip with canned clams whisked inside. It seems the crinkle cut chips are still in the kitchen, or possibly the arriving guests are bringing them now.

The add is actually a very nice composition. Spiral through deep space. Maybe the chart should be a globe?

New York City said...

Sounds incredibly tasty.

And somewhere between the Inner Unconscious and the Higher Inner Being are tidings of beer.

I'll have a Spaten Optimator.

Jacques de Beaufort said...

wow


um sometimes a beer ad is just a beer ad


or sometimes it's the doorway into a cosmic journey of self discovery


how many blogs do you have Rich ?

I saw your guys new green blog...looking forward to some posts